Friday, February 20, 2004

Horrendous experience

I think I should have taken the advice from La P. The doctor said the spray would numb my throat and I wouldn’t feel a thing. The whole procedure will lest about three minutes. Ha bloody liar!! I wondered why I had two nurses holding me down as she started to shove the endoscope down my throat.
On the first attempt she managed to miss the oesophagus and blocked my air supply. “try to concentrate on your breathing” they said as I lay there retching and turning purple. Then she pulled the thing out to start again.
“ Oh its in” they said with a sigh of relief. She then promptly fed about six feet of tube down my gullet, not a nice experience. As she started to pull it out in stages inspecting my gullet as she did so I was thinking “this is definitely not to be recommended, I wish she would get a move on and pull the bloody thing out” or words to that effect.
Phew – thank god that was over. After all that there was nothing wrong. Good news. Except for my bruised throat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home