Thursday, February 17, 2005

Phew !!!


Well that's the interview over with.
I now feel like I have a head cold.
my face is aching my nose is sore and I feel totally drained as if all the energy has been sucked out of me.

I feel like I could just sleep for a week.

................................................................

Since Christmas I have been getting into FPS games in a big way. I started off with Quake 3 and I have now moved onto Unreal Tournament 2003. I was playing Quake on line and mostly getting thrashed because I am far too slow.
I now spend more time on UT300 playing the 'Bots' for practise...they are much cleverer than the quake Bots and even on the 'experienced' setting they are thrashing me.
I find playing these FPS games a great stress reliever, its the sort of game that requires all your attention, it gets the adrenaline going and takes over your thoughts as you play. It is totally enveloping.

All I need now is practice and more practice.

I quite fancy Half life 2, but I don't think my PC is up to the spec required by the game.

I have recently bought a new graphics card. That was fun getting it to work properly. I couldn't remove the old drivers from the old card and now on occasion the pc crashes when using a program with heavy graphics. It took 2 shots to load the drivers for the new AGP card, but now it appears reasonably good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home