Thursday, September 30, 2004

Shopping or Chopping ??



On Friday evening we had been shopping and we called at the supermarket petrol station to fill up.
There was a large puddle of petrol in front of the pump, but I thought I would be able to avoid it. I shoved my card in the pump, but it would not start. As I was faffing around with my card an attendant appeared and tried to put some sand on the spill. At the same time a police car with blues and two's can screaming into the railway station car park next door. Then an ambulance then another two police cars.
I was still fighting with the pump and managed to trample in the spilt petrol when I was distracted. So now my feet were stinking of petrol and the pump still wouldn't work.
The attendant looked at it after spreading his sand and announced the receipt roll had run out and I would have to pay at the booth.

The commotion was caused by a gang of 'train surfers' (train surfers jump off bridges onto moving freight trains) who had an accident. One of the boys aged fourteen fell between the wagons. His legs were amputated. One just below the hip and the other just below the knee. He had to be given 28 pints of blood and he is now in a coma.
A few minutes earlier someone had told then to stop messing about on the bridge as it was dangerous, the lads just gave them a load of abuse and told then to F*** off.


Bad Karma ???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home