Monday, September 13, 2004

Back to reality

Back to work.


After a week off work staying in the caravan at Matlock, and I must says having a perfectly marvellous week, it is now back to reality with a bump.

This morning the queues were there complete with all the usual number of prats and idiots on the roads.

I arrived at work about ten minutes later than normal. (when I say normal I mean during the school holidays) to find the office car park full with about three or four cars cruising around looking for spaces and blocking me in.
Eventually I gave up and parked in a back street about ten minutes away from the office. I will check the car park for a couple of days more but if I still have the same problem then I think I will give up using the staff car park and start roadside parking.
There currently seems to be a competition as to who can arrive the earliest and nab the parking spaces, which I suppose is understandable as it is on a first come first served basis. I do consider this is a bit unfair on people who live further away and have to set off early to get there (like me).

No way - I am not moving nearer to Manchester.

To be honest I suppose I do like the idea of living in the city, but my bank account and my wife think differently. If I did move nearer to work then I would like to live in the city and not on the periphery.

I think I will stick to living in my little Cheshire village !!
#END


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home