Thursday, September 30, 2004

SUBJECT - ME ME ME



I am very much a creature of habit. I love my regular routines. It gives me a feeling of security. Travelling well known routes and doing familiar tasks makes me feel comfortable.
If things are beyond my control then I start to feel stressed and uncomfortable. To a degree I am resistant to change.
I can cope with structured change. I hate being in the dark. I hate the unknown.
I am good natured and friendly. I see the good in people.
I find conflict stressful and unpleasant.
I avoid conflict at the expense of myself. I don't assert myself when I should.

Another one of my failings is that I strive to please other people, I put others in front of myself Maybe I am too unselfish?.
I should have more self confidence to please myself.

When I was young I thought self confidence and wisdom would come with age. I would imagine myself sagely nodding and imparting my knowledge confidently when I was older.
I am still waiting.




I am not an 'achiever' - I do not have an insatiable urge to push myself forward or make my mark in the world. I just want to be happy.

My problem is I still have this brain washed conditioning that I must please others.
What other people think of me is what drives me. It shouldn't.

How do I un-condition my self?? How do I change my mindset ?? I try, but I always revert.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home