Friday, September 12, 2003

Sometimes people ask me if I ever get fed up driving into Manchester to work.
I answer yes, then interestingly they usually just go blank – I am not sure what answer they want me to give.

This morning (Friday) is one of these exceptional mornings. All last week to drive to work has been queues all the way, slow boring, crawling most of the time. Today all light an airy, whizzing along, no queues ( or at least only small ones). Why ????????????

I feel really depressed and pissed off more today than the rest of the week. This feeling has been creeping up on me all week since I returned to work after my week in South Wales.
The question is why?
I think it’s a combination of things that are affecting me.
1. Coming back after a week off.
2. The thought of another winter of travelling to/from work in the cold and dark.
3. As usual management have decided that things have been static and too many people are getting happy and settled so it is time to fuck things up by standardising engineers working hours irrespective of whether it fucks up someone’s life as long as it looks nice on paper.
4. Sometimes I just feel as though life is overwhelming me and I am just stood on the side watching things zip past, or sometimes I feel things are bombarding me from all angles and I have no time for myself. The really pathetic thing is that I have become so entrenched in my current lifestyle that when I actually do get time to myself a am sat like a caged rabbit that has just been set free, completely bewildered and not knowing what to do. So what do I do – nothing !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home