Wednesday, August 31, 2005

****************************************
YIPEE !!!!
****************************************
I have escaped from working in Manchester. From the arduous slog of driving into a major city.
I have been offered a new job (within the same company). The new job is located at Warrington. This means I will be travelling 20 miles a day instead of 50 miles a day.
I suppose another big plus is that I am not travelling into a big city, but into a town instead. I will be driving on a normal road and not on congested motorways and dual carriageways.

I had the interview last Thursday 25 August and they rang me on the following day to say I had been accepted for the job.
On Friday, my current manager was really miffed and said he would not let me go ! Isn’t it nice to feel wanted ! I spoke to the Union and the HR people and was advised he could not block me from moving jobs.

Strangely on Tuesday when I returned to work he took me on one side “Over the weekend I have been thinking. I don’t like to stand in the way of someone so I have reluctantly decided to let you go”. Yeah its because you have to – not because you want to.

Of course, being the worrier I am, I am apprehensive about the new job. I have picked over it in my mind and looked at all the negative points and turned them over and over.

I must remember to look on the positive side and look at what I am gaining and not what I am losing.
The fact that the office where I am currently working is due to close at the end of the year. Where we were going to be relocated was very much in the air. Probably Stockport, or somewhere that is not much better, and probably worse for me travelling. At least know where I am going !!!

I am still walking on cloud nine at the moment. I hope that soon I will come down to earth and settle down and not be so stressed about the whole thing.