Monday, April 05, 2004

Many companies are deciding, or on some cases already decided on establishing call centres outside the UK. Their excuse is that these centres are operationally cheaper and provide a better service to their customer base. How they can make such a statement as this, so early, is open to suspicion. Have their customers benefited from lower prices or even a perceptible improvement in their service? I doubt it.
Having been contacted at home at weekends and nights by companies who not only have got my name wrong and have accessed an ex-directory number, they then try to sell me a service I don’t want, from a company I have never dealt with or would want to. It has a detrimental effect on the reputation of that company.
Obviously this will, reduce job opportunities in the UK.
My argument is not with the workers in other countries but with the decision to export jobs to the lowest bidder.
Most UK companies make profits from the UK people and therefore should help support the British economy by employing workers in this country.
Indian workers are paid a fraction of the rate paid in this country.
There is a growing amount of evidence that exporting jobs adversely affects the customer service, with calls not being dealt with professionally, my own experience and the experience of friends after spending hours on the phone to settle minor problems one is left feeling frustrated and annoyed. My reaction is to move to alternative suppliers who can deal with my issues.
If companies insist on moving to India there customers will probably move business as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home