Thursday, November 20, 2003

I’me back.

Well I am back after a virus (a real one) has put me out of action for a few days.
I wish PC’s were as good at self healing as the human body.

The windows XP is taking its toll. I still can’t get the scanner working and a couple (probably more that I haven’t tried yet) of programs will not run under XP. Sim City 3000 and Cubasis.
Cubasis is dead and buried, but Sim City 3000 is supposed to run under XP.


I did my change to XP as an upgrade (in error) and not a ‘clean’ install. It all seems very happy and I have kept all my data and files intact.
Think I will stay with FAT32 on my hard drive.
I am a bit dubious about Norton Systemworks 2002. I had to reinstall it and now it says there are 178 errors in the windows registry. I am not happy about letting it loose to repair these even if it does have an undo facility……

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home