Tuesday, November 04, 2003

Warm glow.

Thanks to all for your good wishes.
Maybe I should have given a bit of advanced notice of my impending birthday.

I had been feeling a bit down over the past few weeks. Just the winter blues I think. Last weekend was good. A piss up on Saturday and a nice meal out on Sunday and best wishes from my fellow bloggers.

What more could I ask for ? Its one of those things that restores my confidence in human nature.
All day, every day on the news and media we are bombarded with stories of bombs, shootings, stabbings, robberies, etc etc.

Occasionally we get a positive story of people from all over the world rallying round to help after a disaster, or a little local story of some good deed.
The bad seems to overwhelm the good. Sometimes I see these things on the TV and press and I find them very upsetting, maybe I am too sensitive, to empathetic. I find it easy to put myself in the position of the sufferer.

I don’t think people are as bad as the media make out…..If they are, then it’s a very sad world that we live in.

I know its very sixties, but wouldn’t it be wonderful if we all loved one another.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home