Monday, January 26, 2004

Not another piggin Virus.

Good luck to BW Jetting off to sunny Australia. I am sure she will have a really good time.

My weekend viral diary.

Friday I felt a little under the weather. Bit of a snotty nose and a little lethargic. I thought to myself “If this is a cold I can cope with this quite nicely”.

Saturday morning I felt like shit ! Just felt like staying in bed and curling up under the covers and hiding from the world. But. Life has to go on. So I was up and at it. Had some decongestant/paracetamol type tablets and soon I was functional. I was ok until the afternoon, then I started sneezing and my nose was running like a tap. At then end of that I felt totally wasted.

Sunday, not quite as bad this morning., just a herd of miniature elephants behind my eyeballs trying the push them out. My nose with no skin left on it, even though I use the tissues with balsam+. A good dose of tablets soon sorted the elephants out. Must make th effort today as we are off to Prestatyn for a spot of indoor bowling. I don’t normally participate, I just sit and watch. Today I have been dragged in to have a go. I got slated – still what can you expect when I haven’t done any bowling for over twenty years. Also I wasn’t really in the mood – not with this grotty cold.

Monday, the weekend has gone, its cold and frosty. Thank goodness I put the car in the garage. More tablets and drag myself off to work. The drive to work was amazingly normal. No huge queues like when its raining.
So now its just a case of limp through the day. (I am not allowed any more time off work sick, as my sick record is already crap. So the company have withdrawn permission for me to be ill).

Isn’t it a sorrowful story?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home