Saturday, October 04, 2003

Saturday BIG shop day

Up at 06.30. Showered, dressed and at the local Morrisons by 07.50. Fill up the car with petrol and at 08.00 in we go to do the weekly shop. Into the café, have breakfast. The coffee in Morrisons café tastes like TCP so I drink the hot chocolate, at first it was a bit odd but now I find it ok. A nice mug of hot chocolate with my bacon and eggs. Mmmm.
( I have never drunk tea. I was brought up to drink coffee and have never been able to drink tea. The one and only time I ever enjoyed a cup of tea was about ten minutes after my daughter was born and I was in a state of shock after being present at the birth.)
By 10.00 am we were back home, just time to dump the shopping, put the fresh stuff into the fridge then off out again to pick up the wife’s sis and off to Warrington for some serious shopping.
I think they just bring me along as the person to carry the money and the bags !!

We were slowed down by the wife’s sister J. who is partially sited. (the fact she is nearly blind didn’t slow us down as she has a guide dog and they bomb along like a rocket). But the guide dog association were having a find raising exercise and had collectors with guide dogs positioned strategically around the town. Every time we came across one it involved a lengthily chat, comparing notes etc. that’s why it became a mammoth shopping trip.

We finally got back home at about 6pm, dropped J off and then home. I was exhausted.

*phew*

feet up and watch telly for the rest of the evening after tea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home