Sunday, January 04, 2004

I tried to get on blogspot on NY eve but it was all blogged out.
Hope everyone had a really good new year.
Sadly Monday is looming.

Our Rights

The underlying philosophy of assertiveness training is based on the premise that we are all equal and that we all possess the same basic rights.
Many people seem to have forgotten, or never have been told, that these rights exist.
The goal of assertiveness is to stand up for your rights without violating the rights of others.
A good starting point is to remind yourself of some of these basic rights.

1. I have the right to express my feelings.
2. I have the right to express my opinions and beliefs.
3. I have the right to say ‘yes’ and ‘no’ for myself.
4. I have the right to change my mind.
5. I have the right to say, ‘I don’t understand’.
6. I have the right simply to be myself without having to act for other people’s benefit.
7. I have the right to decline responsibility for other people’s problems.
8. I have the right to make reasonable requests of others.
9. I have the right to set my own priorities.
10. I have the right to be listened to, and taken seriously.
11. I have the right to make mistakes and feel comforable about admitting to them.
12. I have the right to be illogical in making decisions.
13. I have the right to say, ‘I don’t care’.
14. I have the right to be miserable or cheerful.

Can you think of any other rights of assertiveness?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home